Hart Family West Virginia Genealogy Home Page
It specifically deals with the Scotch-Irish Hart descendants of Ashe County and Wake County North Carolina, Boone County, Roane County, Nicholas County, Webster County, West Virginia. This particular branch of the Hart tree has found its roots in West Virginia, Ohio and North Carolina, but younger generations have ultimately spread all over the map. Some Hart in West Virginia have Native American blood, but do not have a historical tribal association, and many Hart have mixed blood, that is, ancestry of different races in addition to Native American.
Lucinda Flanagan Lucky and
Samuel Laszlo Hart Children
Lucinda Flanagan Lucky Parents & Siblings
Lucinda Flanagan Lucky Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles
Lucinda Flanagan Lucky married Samuel L. Hart August 29, 1899 in Webster County, West Virginia.
Oldest son of Lucinda and Samuel Hart.
Bruce Kelly Hart Born 20 February 1902, Camden On Gauley,
Webster County, West Virginia
Harriett Lucinda Law
birth: 1806 Pennsylvania
death: 1850 Washington Township,
Monroe Co., Ohio
spouse: John Flanagan
death: 1861 Ohio
1. Child: william L. Flanagan
2. Child: Emanuel Flanagan
3. Child: Calvin M. Flanagan
4. Child: James H. Flanagan
5. Child: Thomas J. Flanagan
6. Child: Elizabeth A. Flanagan
7. Child: Sarah J. Flanagan
8. Child: Lucinda L. Flanagan
(1) Our Hart family heritage has its known roots in the early history of West Virginia back into the mid 1700s.
(2) Most researchers agree that there is Indian blood (Cherokee or Catawba) in the Hart line. James Hart (ABT. 1765 / 1824) married Catherine Sizemore which generated Cherokee blood in the Hart line.
(3) Our Hart ancestry seems to come from Ireland and Scotland and migrated to areas in West Virginia, Virginia and North Carolina.
(4) Few things historians and scholars can agree on, but majority of them agree that Nancy Hart (Confederate Spy) was born circa 1846, she grew up near the mouth of the Triplett
Run Creek, Roane County in western Virginia and her parent is Stephen and Mary Hart of Roane County.